Wednesday, April 11, 2012

She's Dating the Gangster by SG Wannabe

    "Love is happiness...Love is smiling when you hear that person's voice... Love is the butterflies in your tummy no matter how many times you see that person... Love is when you look at them and smile for no reason... Love is seeing an imperfect person perfectly...Love is painful.. Love is hard... Love is sacrifice.. love is sadness.."    


   THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST HEARTBREAKING STORIES I READ SO FAR..I can't seem to utter anything coherent right now. It stings right through your heart with no intention of mending. I'm too SHOCKED.. STUNNED..FLABBERGASTED, my mind is so far away i wanted to tell myself that it's just a novel. That i shouldn't be too overwhelmed, too affected, that this kind of story is not really happening in the real world. Isn't it?...  I didn't expect that reading this would make me feel this way. I was having some hesitation because I thought the story was corny and cheesy. And I hated that it has to use 3 different languages when I'm perfectly fine with one. I wanted at least for it to use only Filipino so why bother making the readers confuse? I thought the story is dragging, simple, and the characters are shallow. My pessimism got the better of me I almost withdrawn from reading this... But I take them back. Because this story surely hits home. It's one of those that will make you realize how great love is. I felt what the characters feel, my heart ached with them, I truly felt their infinite love for each other. I wanted to take away all the pain Athena's feeling, I wanted to tell Kenji to stop being such a sweet and great guy, and the last thing I wanted is to see a guy hurting and crying for the girl he loves. But at the same time I felt their helplessness to accept their fate. This novel is so great that it will make you happy, laugh, giddy, sad, and cry. It's like the Romeo and Juliet love story but it also reminds me of the novel A Walk to Remember. It made me appreciate that love exists in this world, that it could change people in so many ways and make them take risks and choices they never imagined they could...

  huhuhuhuhu.. 
WARNING this is not for the faint hearted! Severe Heart ache included..
  Nakaka-inlove.. Nakakaiyak(super)... Nakaka-emo... 


Link to She's Dating the Gangster

I give this 5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment