Thursday, October 04, 2012

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Photobucket 


 I'm not in the mood for an in depth review right now. I'm so devastated. My heart is crushed to its core. A beautiful story and a lovely ending but I can't seem to accept the bittersweet truth of it all.
 Because I was shocked... utterly shocked! The twist is an uber blow, I swear I didn't see it coming.

 So allow me to show you how I felt.. I was like this... 
 crying zoey Pictures, Images and Photos
And this.
  
Then this...
Crying Gif. Pictures, Images and Photos
   













I'm glad Brandon and Harper have their happy ending... But is it so wrong to wish one for Chase?

 I'm sorry but all I have right now is the sheer disappointment for the story. It has great potential, only if it was told in a different way. And I'm tired of hearing people say that "It's the reality of life, somehow we have to deal with it." Grrrrrr! I want to tell them can't you see how it made me feel? Now would you say that to yourself if you are in Harper's place? That's why I think the plot is unforgivable. If you want to torture yourself, go read it. But if you want to save yourself from the all the trouble, I'd support you all the way. I don't want to give away the story but I just want to make you guys think first before reading this. It will be tough if you go in blind. 

If you don't want to read the BIG spoiler you can stop here..
.

.

.

.

If you're reading this I want to tell you in advance that the love interest, the gorgeous, hot, sweet, loving Chase was killed! I'm sorry but I'm just frigging mad I even bothered reading this. It would've been better if the author didn't make the readers love Chase, if she wrote it in such a way that you would hate him. But it wasn't that way! She made Chase's character seem lovable and not to mention there was too much effort in his character development. So I thought he was the one! And just when you start loving and swooning over him, something happens, then BAM! Everything goes down the drain. Your hopes, dreams, expectation comes tumbling down. It was an absurd effort to stir the reader's emotion but all it does was make you miserable. 

 I was so happy about how their love story turns out. I was like "Wow! They're getting married soon and they're going to have a baby! So excited!" But then 50% through the book, he died in a freaking ACCIDENT! God. His death wasn't even given enough justice! One minute they were having an emotional fight, then he died the next page! To tell the truth I was asking myself, "Is this real?!" Because killing the love interest is unbelievable! Preposterous! Yup Brandon is still there but how about the guy who blew me away the first time I read about him??! How can the characters, especially Harper, move on that fast?! How can she be with Brandon as if nothing happened?! 

 Again, I apologize for the major ranting or shall I say outburst. I just need to vent this. 

 I heard the author will write the story in Chase's POV.. Well...

.  

 There's no way I'm going to break my heart again. I don't want to torture myself any further than I already have. 

“That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can't Harper."-Chase 

 .. Ugh...I miss him... I think I need a support group for this book. I'm extremely pissed. 

 My Rating: 2 of 5 stars.. (>, >)

No comments:

Post a Comment