Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beastly by Alex Flinn

I have nothing much to say about the book because it wasn't bad and it turned out to be what i expected.

Recently, modern versions of tales we all came to love since our childhood days have magically emerged. But we still read or watch them though they've been adapted so many times. The reason probably is the same as why i decided to read this. Like some readers, I just want to be able to experience again those times when fairy tales are all that really matter. Well, I can say that Beastly is one of them, albeit it comes with a modern twist.

The story is nearly the same as The Beauty and the Beast but it is obviously intended for young adult or teen readers. I mean I agree that beauty is nothing if you treat other people as inferiors. The only way you'll be able to open your heart is to put yourself in their shoes. And isn't it amazing how true love can change a person for the better? 

I know that this book is not flawless, it didn't give me the jaw-dropping scenes and revelations, what it gave me was something to ponder about. Because sometimes, the most obvious and easiest lessons in life are the ones we give the least importance to. All we need is a simple reminder just like what it gave me.

I recommend this to those who are not really looking for something new but for something familiar yet beautiful.

4/5 stars for this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment