Monday, April 30, 2012

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens






This is probably one of the most convoluted, twisted, passionate and craziest love affair I've read in my entire life. I'm fascinated reading about love triangles, but this one sure made me experience the roller coaster of emotions I rarely felt in romance novels. I felt giddiness, happiness, sorrow, regret, guilt, disgust, anger, and an unbearable ache for the characters.

The plot:
Kiera has the perfect boyfriend. Denny is handsome, intelligent, hardworking, sweet, and loves her with all his heart. So when Denny is offered a job opportunity in Seattle, she didn't hesitate to move in with him. Who wouldn't?... But the complication of all complications came because of Kellan Kyle, Denny's long time friend and their new roommate. One look at him would make you think perfection, absurdly gorgeous face, perfectly toned muscle, and a voice to die for. He's in a band and fans literally screamed at the top of their lungs and drooled by the mere sight of him. Having the best boyfriend she could possibly ask for, would it be possible for Kiera to be immune of Kellan's charms?

Well, she isn't! She gets herself involved in a threesome. I admit I hated her for the most part of the book. I want so bad to make her see reason, to make up her mind, to stop breaking the hearts of two incredible guys. I understand her inner turmoil, why she can't break up with Denny despite the fact that she clearly loves Kellan. But I'm just so mad at her for taking that long to figure everything out.

I felt sorriest for Denny. He's just too good to have a cheating girlfriend. I felt guilty while reading even though I was not the one hurting him. After knowing the truth between Kiera and Kellan, I somehow understood his violent reaction more than Kiera's unfairness and indecisiveness. I understood how betrayed he must've felt. He trusted her, gave her the pedestal that he never imagined she'd one day lose her love for him. It aches to see him endure the pain and forgive after everything else.

As for Kellan, I have to say that he's one of the few reasons why I managed to get through the nerve-wracking story. Besides being effortlessly the hottie drop dead gorgeous, he could be sweet, and funny. He's so great I always find myself wanting to rip him off the pages and make him real. He's a Casanova, rooting from is unpleasant childhood- devoid of love from his parents. But he changed a lot when he met Kiera. Behind the cool and easy facade, is a man capable of loving. I sympathized with him because he cannot have the only girl he ever truly loved. Every tear he shed is heart breaking I wanted to ease the pain.

There were so many scenes that I think is not really intended for readers my age. So many times I wanted to crawl inside the book and tell the characters what to do because they can't seem to make rational decisions. But just WOW! I didn't mind and kept my eyes glued to their story. This is not flawless, nor an amazing read. I weighed the pros and cons so I know this book is worth it! I loved their romance, and I’m wanting more of it!  I’m so glad there’s a sequel. And I can’t wait to know what happens to Kiera and Kellan!


My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm following you from Book Blogs! Just dropping by to say hello. (:

    Oh, I just started a directory for teen book bloggers if you're interested. Here's the link: www.teenbookblogdirectory.blogspot.com

    You've got a great blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! you too! :) I joined your directory! I already submitted my form..

      Delete
  2. Well this one sounds interesting...gotta get my nose into this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This really good. It's one of my favorites .Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. The story of Kellan and Kiera isn't an easy one, but you can't help but root for them, especially him. He is so dynamic that he literally jumps from the pages of the book right into your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!! I love Kellan!... he's so sweet and sincere..

      Delete