Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith

"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?"


Because I know I didn't! 


Hadley is a bridesmaid to the wedding she's been dreading for so long, the wedding of her father and a British woman she barely even knows and is a complete stranger to her. But by some twist of fate, she misses her scheduled flight to London by four minutes. Lucky for her because she meets a handsome and yes, a swoon-worthy guy named Oliver...


The plot is one of those that happens within a 24-hour time frame with bits of flashbacks, but despite the story's simplicity and brevity, it still captured my interest. Part of that is because of my fascination for Oliver. I just love that he's so sweet, nice, and that British accent added fuel to my interest. I gotten so curious about his personality that I figured there's something he's not telling. Maybe I was wee bit disapponted because he's not included in some parts of the story. But i know it gives credit to the other part of the story, Hadley's relationship with her AWOL father. I know how bad she feels when her father left her and her mother. I understand her sort of hatred to his new wife, Charlotte. But just like what Hadley feels, I was so relieved in the end. That Charlotte is not one of those evil stepmothers from fairytales personified, and that she finally understands and forgives her father. And I just love how Oliver played a big part on that.


The ending went great although I'm just very curious how the title fits into all of this? I mean the intriguing title is what made me want to read this in the first place. It's not enough for it to be mentioned once in an out of the blue kind of way but it has to be reflected in the plot. Anyway, even though i was surprised at how brief this novel turned out, still, I enjoyed reading this, it has enough romance and drama that will leave you wanting more.


I give this 5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment