Wednesday, April 11, 2012

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


Reading the first two books, I thought it was okay. Theme was good. Mediocre storyline with few good fight scenes. I used to look at it displayed at bookstores and think of its undeserved popularity like some novels I've become tired of mentioning. Couldn't believe I'd eventually like the series. Because yes now it's true! 

After reading the first novel, it was good, a bit predictable, and depressing in the end. I didn't even want to make a review, not with disappointment in the back of my mind. Well, it's different now, all because of how I engrossed I was reading this. 

Praising this novel not just because of the good news everyone's been waiting for (Finally Jace and Clary are not related!) but also because of the complexity the plot has turned into. The ending was epic, the battles were great and exciting. I like that how everything tied up, wasn't at all disappointed with the well-written revelations. I also came to adore how the characters developed. Jace and Clary, their risks, and decisions. Simon who's always the good friend, mundane, but no more cause he's now a vampire! And Sebastian, who would have thought of a new character who plays a big part on the story. I was truly caught off guard by the revelation of his true identity. And of course, special mention to Jocelyn Fairchild, finally! That's a relief. I thought she'd be a sleeping beauty forever. I'm also glad that Valentine's already taken care of despite the questionable death/disappearance of Sebastian. Now, I'm looking forward to what will happen in the fourth book. The demons or enemies they have to face, the unexpected twists to their story, and the romance people can't get enough of.

"I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then."

I give this an epic 5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment