Wednesday, April 11, 2012

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


I can't believe that there will actually come a time that i can say "I really like the Mortal Instruments series!" because yes! now it's true! I used to look at it displayed at the bookstores with its shining pedestal and think of its undeserved popularity like some novels i've became tired of mentioning. After reading the first novel, it was good, a bit predictable, and depressing in the end. I didn't even want to make a review, not with disappointment in the back of my mind, not with Jace having Clary as his sister, not with a doomed love story. Well, it's different now because I'm writng a review! It's different now because I'm smiling like an insane creature. And it's all because of the awesomazing time I had reading this. I'm praising this novel not just because of the good news everyone's been waiting for ( Finally Jace and Clary are not related! yay!), but it's also because of the complexity the plot has turned into. The ending was kind of epic with the all the battles going on. And I like that the revelations keep on coming. I also came to adore the characters. Clary became brave and powerful. Let's not forget about Jace, I sympathized and  pitied him for his fate, for the love he can never have, and the risks he's willng to take. Simon is always the good friend but he's no more a mundane, a great vampire! And Sebastian, who would have thought there will be an additional character who plays a big part on the story. I was truly caught off guard by the reveltion of his true identity. And of course, a special mention to Jocelyn Fairchild, finally! that's a relief, i thought she'd be a sleeping beauty forever. I'm also glad that Valentine's already taken care of but there's still the questionable death/disappearance of Sebastian. Now, I'm looking forward to what will happen in the fourth book. The demons or enemies they have to face, the unexpected twists to their story, and the romance people can't get enough of.

  I'm forever in love with JACE!!! 


"I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then."

  Jace and Clary all the way!!


I give this an epic 5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment